A Person to Assist You
Sometimes you need more than Google! Whether you are a parent, family member or concerned neighbor, you may need to speak with someone about how to find help. Please contact Ho’oikaika Navigator Heidi Allencastre for guidance.
Email: heidi at mfss dot org
Phone: 808-242-0900 ext. 245
Most of Ho’oikaika Core Partner agencies offer direct services for children and families.
- Aloha United Way 2-1-1 is Hawaii’s only comprehensive statewide information and referral helpline. 2-1-1 Specialists help you find food, shelter, financial assistance, childcare, parenting support, elderly care, disability services, job training and so much more. Free and confidential. Connect with an Information and Referral Specialist by phone, text, chat or email, 7am to 10pm, 7 days a week, or search the database yourself 24/7!
- The Parent Line is a free statewide confidential telephone line that provides resource on child behavior, child development, parenting, caregiver support, and community resources. The experienced phone line staff will help you problem-solve parenting challenges and child and adolescent behavior. The website also offers information on infant and toddler development along with a parent education and family support resource directory.
- Friends of the Children’s Justice Center of Maui Annual Prevention Supplement. See page 15 for a directory of Maui County information and family assistance.
- The Hawai’i Public Health Institute created an online Maui County Resource Directory to help people looking for health and human service information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The County of Maui Resources Directory includes a variety of businesses and is searchable by category or by organization name.